Synthrotek Mean Screamer
Synthrotek's original Mean Screamer Pedal goes way beyond a typical tube screamer clone with a couple of great mods. They are using an original 4558 OP-AMP IC to give it that beautiful classic boost.
- The Brown tone mod adds EXTRA BEEF and Chunk!
- High End Boost Mod - Adds extra high end that sticks out in solos, etc.
- No Pop - a former version of the Mean Screamer had a loud pop when the foot switch was pressed; no longer!
- Hand-wire or PCB-mount the board (there are different assembly instructions and bills of materials for each):
- The PCB-mount version is designed to fit perfectly in a pre-drilled 1590B case
- The wired version lets you put it in any case you like
Why have two different versions?
The PCB-mount and wired versions of the PCB use the same circuit and sound the same.
The PCB-mount version:
- takes less time for an experienced builder;
- fits in a smaller case and takes up less room on a pedal board.
The wired version:
- is easier to repair and solder and is recommended for new builders;
- can be used in a custom case;
- uses metal audio jacks instead of plastic.